Tuesday 4 March 2008

Civilisation begins its return ...

... well, it's hardly the second coming to this household, given the disrepair we uncovered when we moved in all those years ago, but given the slow progress we finally have something to get excited about:

Two weeks after ordering, we finally got the call today to let us know that Himself's carpet for his study will be arriving tomorrow. Hurrah! That means I can lost about 4 boxes from my own study, not to mention the big Billy bookcase that is also making my own study feel really tiny and then start planning the assault on the bedroom. Hurrah again!

I've had a good look at the ceiling, and realised as I was dropping off to sleep last night that decorator's caulk would be ideal for filling the gaps in the Artex. It's not hefty Artex - just enough to cover the flaws in the (original 1900 or so) ceiling, but it's no prettier, and no easier to stomach the fact that it is just that - Artex. Whoever invented it should be subjected to a bath in the stuff. Ugh. But anyways, it's now just a matter of getting in there, playing mud pies with the plaster, and seeing what gives.

The excitement should take hold again once Himself is reinstalled - except I now need time off work to have a good run at it, and being on placement elsewhere for the month of March (and possibly now also April) is seriously depleting the chances of getting in before Himself has his birthday in May.

Ah well, maybe by the time I retire the house will be ready ...

On the really bright side, I ordered my camera yesterday, sooooo .... you never know, I might even post some spiffy photos of newly adorned rooms. Can you contain your excitement ...

1 comment:

Ed said...

No I can't.

And do try and keep the noise down.

lol