Sunday 24 February 2008

I know I've been slacking ...

Ed is right - I have been somewhat lax in tending my blog. Unfortunately that's what tends to happen when I'm back in work. It's not that I can't stand sitting in front of a PC outside of work (although it does get to that stage occasionally), it's just I can't bring myself to do anything requiring, well, thought, after a full week - or several - in work!

I shall consider myself duly reprimanded and promise to try harder. Doesn't mean it will happen mind ...

~~~###~~~

It's so long since I did blog I can't remember what has happened to blog about! I did see a worrying thing yesterday morning ... ummm ....

Oh yeah - we finished the floor! We still have one more board to lay in the main bedroom, but we need to move Himself's rather large and heavy saw to get at that one. Anyways, it looks amazing and feels even better to walk on! I have now finished redecorating Himself's room (same colours, just touching up after all the hammer knocks etc), and last Tuesday we ordered the carpet. Imagine how disappointed we were when we were told it would take two weeks to arrive! Nooooo!!! I need to get all his stuff back in there so I can get at stuff for the bedroom!!!

Still, I guess the two weeks will pass quickly enough. I also saw the bedroom carpet whilst we were shopping ... it has this lovely deep pile you can wiggle your toes in. Oh yes. How marvellous. If I could get the curtains out and check the colour I might have ordered it already - guess I'll have to wait.

What I have done though is discover that Ikea have the most marvellous little room designer tool. It takes a bit of messing around, as our rooms don't quite meet the basic shapes they have. However, once you do have your room fixed - including window and ceiling heights! - you can just drop in the furniture and - get this - it will even let you have a look at it in 3D! It was only a matter of time before such things did become available on the net, but it was such good fun. And it even has a nice little calculator button: get all your furniture in, decide what colour you want, choose your handles and extras, press the button and - kaboom - it tells you how much it will cost!

And they have even finally decided you can order on line. Oh yessiree. I can press a couple of buttons and a few days later some nice person (presumably a bloke or three - I know how heavy this stuff is!) will deliver it direct to your door without you having to suffer the family effect of the store. The only way they could improve it would be to deliver a plate of meatballs with the order!

Needless to say, I got completely carried away with this little toy. I have two options for the the back bedroom, and have even designed the kitchen. And it looks amazing. OK, so its several years off - small matter of digging up floors, moving windows and doors and replacing stairs to be achieved in the interim - but at least I know what I want will work. Dead exciting!!!

~~~ ### ~~~

Little anecdote to finish: Ed was anticipating lots of stories about the neighbours. I'm not necessarily sure that's a good idea here, given that Tinternet is so much smaller than you'd like it to be ... but one of our bus driver neighbours was spotted going into work in four inch strappy stilettoes yesterday morning. Now, call me too practical, but trying to drive in high heels can be somewhat problematic (apart from the fact it wrecks said heels), and the idea of anyone driving a public service vehicle in said accoutrements worries me a little (male or female - I'm not sexist about these things). The only thing that could be worse is flip flops (they tend to get stuck under and around the pedals ... yes, I've tried). I may be being harsh, and there may have been something more appropriate being carried in a bag somewhere, but it did strike me as a bit of an unnecessary vanity, particularly given the oh-so-sexy uniform our bus drivers have the pleasure of wearing ...

Enough for now.

1 comment:

Ed said...

huray for the house stuff.

My lil sis knows of who you speak and has some stories that'll curl yer toes.

Hi D.

Laters