Thursday 10 January 2008

A request from Ed

I wish I could link to a webcam of the squirrels who have just been playing tick through the trees. If they didn't like digging up my pots, or were native reds rather than invading greys, I'd think they were quite cute. I am assured by an acquaintance that they are quite tasty, if a bit fiddly to skin, and that the younger meat is more tender. Moreover, there's a restaurant in the lake district that did put it on the menu, in a kind of "crispy squirrel" kind of way.

Anyway, for Ed, some of the residents of the back gardens, with pictures and sounds!

Robin, Wren, Blue tit, Gold finch

I wouldn't claim to be anything like so knowledgeable as Mr Oddie - although it is probably partly his enthusiasm that has led me to actually find out what some of the feathery visitors are.

Any more interesting stuff and I'll post the links. Although playing the bird song was hilarious - it's not often I can wake Frodo from his slumber!!

1 comment:

Ed said...

Such large work for a post so small.

Truly impressed.

Crisp squirrel, want some, now.

ttfn